In retrospect, 2020 is the year I hardly bought cosmetics. While I’m getting more diligent with my skincare, I hadn’t paid much attention, let alone bothering to spend money on cosmetics. I’m sure I’m not the only one. This year has been hard and humbling to many of us. The coronavirus pandemic puts life into perspective. Especially during the early days of lockdown back in March/April, I had zero desire to put on makeup when I went out. (but I did play with some lipsticks while stuck home during MCO though).
However, September slowly brings back my interest in beauty. It started with Watson’s “50% off cosmetics” promo mid-month. I scored myself a REVLON So Fierce! mascara (rm22.90) and REVLON pressed powder (rm27.90) both as backups.
Then, a week later while casually trying to restock our shower gel at Guardian, I curiously walked through the cosmetics section and oh my, they’re having a one-week Buy 1 Free 1 promo for cosmetics! How could I not? For my first haul, I grabbed:
- Catrice IRON STRENGTH Nail Hardener rm19.50
- Catrice KOHL KAJAL EASY GLIDE eyeliner in 230 rm12.90
- Catrice cosmetics sharpener (purple) rm13.10
- Catrice Generation Matt Comfortable Liquid Lipstick in 050 rm22.90
- Catrice Generation Plump&Shine Lip Gloss in 060 rm22.90
- Catrice LIP FOUNDATION pencil in 050 Cool Brown rm16.30
I remember paying for all these 6 products (plus a packet of Shokubutsu refill for rm4.75; 40% off) for a total of RM60.25. Such a good value. So good, I kept thinking about going back to Guardian for two nights before I went to sleep. LOL~ So for the second haul, I purchased;
- Catrice POWER Plumping Gel Lipstick in 090 rm22.90
- RIMMEL Brow Shake filling Powder eyeliner in 003
- RIMMEL #InstaFix & Go 2in1 Primer & Setting Spray
- RIMMEL Exaggerate Full Colour lip liner in 063 rm19.90
- Catrice Voluminizing Lipbalm in 030 rm29.90
- Catrice BLUSH BOX blusher in 020 rm27.50
- Catrice sharpener (yep, gotta need backup)
- Catrice PRIME AND FINE Poreless Blur Primer rm33.90
Opps, I accidently messed up the receipt for this haul so I don’t remember exactly the price for no.2 and 3. Anyways, all these 8 products cost RM120.80. Last but not least, on the last day of the promo I picked up another 4 Catrice goodies; 2 more KOHL KAJAL eyeliners in 010 and 270, GLAM&DOLL Sculpt & Volume mascara in 010 (rm26.30) and another tube of Generation Plump&Shine lip gloss for a friend.
I stayed away from Maybelline and Loreal though; apart from trying not to support the giant company, I just can’t justify paying 20% -40% more than RIMMEL or Catrice price range. Silkygirl and in2it? Urm…too teeny bopper, thanks. Now please excuse me while I’m spending the rest of this year experimenting with my B1F1 goodies.